If you like chocolate, this recipe must be in your file. You will learn how to make a dark chocolate cake that is packed with flavour, yet light in texture and not overly sweet. The chocolate is contrasted with Swiss Meringue Buttercream made with fresh strawberry compote. It is finished with a drizzle of perfectly shiny chocolate ganache.
This is a hands-on class. Participants will work individually to bake the cake, make the ganache and buttercream and decorate the cake.
Miette Chocolate and Strawberry Cake
Date: Saturday, 20 Feb, 9 AM to 1 PM
Time: 9 am to 1 pm
- How to make a double chocolate cake.
- How to make Swiss meringue buttercream and flavour it with fresh strawberry compote.
- How to make perfectly shiny chocolate ganache.
- How to layer and stack a 6 layered cake.
- How to cover a cake with buttercream.
- How to create a drip effect with the ganache.