This course is designed to introduce aspirational cooks to the basic skills required to prepare simple dishes, salads and desserts. It covers a variety of recipes and techniques. Participants will be introduced to a variety of ingredients, safe handling of cooking equipment and basic principles of cooking.
This course can be completed hands-on in the studio, online, or through a combination of online and in-class learning.
Participants who complete all four lessons will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
We have limited slots for each session. Only participants with bookings will be allowed in the studio.
Lesson 1: Hearty Breakfast - Fluffy Pancakes, Omelettes and Apple Crumbles
Lesson 2: Japanese Flavours - Japanese Fried Rice, Oven-Baked Teriyaki Chicken and Tamago
Lesson 3: Italian Flavours - Handmade Pasta with Fresh Tomato and Basil Sauce and Panna Cotta
Lesson 4: Thai Flavours - Basil Chicken, Spring Rolls and Coconut Sago
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of class so that you have enough time to wash hands and settle at your work station.
- Only participants who pre-booked will be allowed in the studio. No walk-in participants will be allowed.
- Temperature screening will be done. Participants with a temperature of 37.5 C or above will not be allowed in the studio.
- If any member of the household is on SHN or quarantine notice, you will not be allowed to attend the class.
- Masks must be worn throughout the session.
- Participants will be working individually and each person will have their own workstation. No sharing of workstations will be allowed.
- There will be no sharing of ingredients or equipment.
Junior Chef (Juniors aged 10 - 16 years)
Wednesday, 8 July, 10 am to 12.30 pm
Wednesday, 15 July, 10 am to 12.30 pm
Wednesday, 22 July, 10 am to 12.30 pm
Wednesday, 29 July, 10 am to 12.30 pm
Full Course $260 per person
Individual Lessons: $70 per lesson