This course is designed for home bakers who would like to make fresh and natural bread for their families and friends. Each class will cover different techniques so that participants learn how to select ingredients, measure ingredients, mix, knead, proof, shape and bake a buns and loaves.
This is a hands-on class and participants will work individually to make the recipes taught in class. Participants will receive a certificate of completion after completing all three lessons in the series.
Basic Bread Course
Lesson 1: 19 September, 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Lesson 2: 26 September, 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Lesson 3: 3 October, 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Lesson 1: 29 October, 9.00 am to 1.30 pm
Lesson 2: 5 November, 9.00 am to 1.30 pm
Lesson 3: 12 November, 9.00 am to 1.30 pm
Lesson 1 Sweet Dough
- Basic Sweet Buns with a variety of fillings
- Hokkaido Milk Loaf using roux method
Lesson 2 Loaves
- Potato and Rosemary Loaf
- Multi-grain Loaf
- Pane Bianco
All lessons covers:
- Selecting and measuring ingredients.
- Mixing and kneading bread dough using a stand mixer.
- How to shape, fill and bake buns and loaves.
- How to bake and control the oven temperature for best results.