Croissants, Danish Pastries, English Muffins, Bagels, Brioche and Rye Bread with Seeds and Dried Fruit. This course will focus on laminating enriched dough for croissants and danish pastries. We will also make breads not easily found in Singapore, traditional chewy bagels, English muffins and sweet rye bread.
This is a hands-on course and participants will work individually to make all the recipes taught in class.
Advanced Bread Course
Date: Monday, 2 September and Tuesday, 3 September
Time: 9 am to 2 pm
- How to laminate yeasted dough with butter.
- How to roll, cut and shape croissants and danish pastries.
- How to make the fillings for the danish pastries.
- How to make bagels including poaching the bagels before baking.
- How to make English muffins.
- How to knead rye bread dough to get optimum results.
- How to make Brioche enriched with butter and eggs.
- How to control proofing and oven temperature and timing to get perfect bread.